Monday, July 11, 2016

What I've been listening to lately: June-July

In time of mental turmoil, my number one retreat has always music. Words that are better sang than spoken, felt than understood, blasted into one's ears and dancing it out thoroughly than passively experiencing it. Thankful I have found a world of music that helps me do that, while I'm waiting for my initial world to do better for me.

1. Madtown
I have decided. Madtown, after BTS, is my second bias group. I love them. I love their music. I love the effort they put into their work and the love they shower their fans. Their 3rd mini album "Emotion" features their first ballad title song, which fans were nervous about but luckily it all turned out well in the end. Madtown got some new fans and I got some new music (Ya! is a jam). But, I have to be real. I feel like their fans aren't working hard enough to get the recognition they deserve. I hope this will change in the future. Most Madpeople are busy wondering when they will comeback with a harder song. Let's show the new fans what they've signed up for. Also, bless @madtown_camp on Instagram and Daewon, I love you.


2. KNK
I adore these tall weirdos. I've watch all of their V-apps from debut and they have tried really hard to not make themselves normal. Which is great because I like weird and awkward, and weird and awkward make for good entertainment. I didn't like their debut "Knock", but their comeback "Back Again" (get it? hehe) made me really happy. I knew then that they had some major talent and it wasn't going to waste. I also like "I Remember", because Inseong's voice is great. My favorites in the group go from Youjin, Heejun, Inseong/Jihun, to Seungjun. Jihun might have to move up after I saw his performance of "Troublemaker" with EXID's Hani. Whoo!
3. BTS
Let's see: I've been revisiting Bangtan's discography and checking out the songs I neglected. I've been watching their reality show "Bon Voyage" and feverishly waiting for more. I just watched the 3 year birthday party concert and I almost died laughing. Jimin was an MC, Suga and J-Hope were singing, Rap Mon and Jin were dancing, V rapped his little heart out, and Kookie is a legal adult. Ok, that part was not as funny. As always, I wish they would rest and come back refreshed after their tours.
4. Romeo
YES!!! I love "Miro"! The album is their best so far. And I'm so happy to hear that their skills have improved. Their V-app interactions are hilarious, too. I hope they will continue as they are and get better.
5. Seventeen
I'm so proud of them. They become so popular in such a short time through such pure talent and hard work. The five songs on their first compilation album are of pure perfection. Woozi's solo song almost made it cry because it was so good. I could see performing it in my head.
6. Beyonce
I've been listening to the album ever since the release. Please look forward to my review.
7. Young the Giant
I don't mean to complain but - where is the ALBUM!!!!! I bump "Something to Believe In" everyday and I am restless.
8. OneRepublic
Same to you. And thank you for the appropriate music video for "Wherever I Go" and the fun behind-the-scenes videos.
What I might start listening to next:
  • Beast's Highlight
  • Sistar's Insane Love
  • Astro's Summer Vibes
If anybody wants to recommend music or new groups to me, you can in my social media.

Thank you for reading.

Stay tuned for more.


image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

No comments: