Friday, September 16, 2016

Asma"s Daily Throw-up #14

Hi, everyone, it's me!!!

School is in full swing. And guess what, I got a second job!!! This is good but it is basically the same as my first job. Annoying but helpful. Both jobs are flexible and both give me money, which I will save and buy expensive software and creative equipment I don't know how to use.

I hope everyone had good Eid. EID MUBARAK to those I've missed. My entire Somaliland family literally went to Hajj this year and did bother inviting us. I would have happily missed the first and second weeks of school to do the pilgrimage. But you have to be really spiritually sound to do the Hajj. I don't think I'm there yet. Hopefully sometime in the future, I'll get to go and I was thinking about bringing the women of my family to come with me.

I'm driving fine. I've made a few mistakes here and there, but for the most part, I will continue to believe I picked the right time to step away from college and pursue a license. All those years of shaking in the harsh wind and extreme humidity waiting to the late bus are so far behind me. Thank God.

What I've been doing lately:

  • BTS be killing me. The short films. The vocals teasers. The anticipation. Jimin's #1 bias-worthy-ness. It hurts. I've definitely buying the album online. 
  • My sister and I have been watching W - Two World. Lee Jongsuk is gorgeous and so talented and Han Hyojoo totally fits inside my wheelhouse of awesome Korean actresses. I've watching Cinderella and the Four Knights and the Age of Youth on my own. I'll let you know how those turn out.

  • As I just started to fall into 2PM, they came back. How fortunate. I still haven't listened to the full album, but the title song is so good. Kings...
  • Biology classes suck but I have to keep telling myself that this degree will help me pay the bills and fees for my expensive true work or "stuff" as my mother lovingly calls it.
  • For EID, there was no better place to go but the bookstore and I bought this book "Stand Out" by Denise Anderson. I have slowly, in my own way, come to realize that without the proper background and exhibition of your skills, nobody in the design, publishing, marketing, or film industry will be willing to hire you or teach you themselves. You have to come with the skills ready to work from. So I am using this book to do what I've trying this whole year to do: Figure out who I and and what I stand for. I'll do my best to show my progress on this blog. Stay with me.



That's my update. I have to finish some A&P homework. *eye rolls*


image credits: BTS, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

No comments: