Saturday, September 3, 2016

Maknae Appreciation Post

Happy Birthday to our favorite *maknae Jungkookie. He's turned 19 internationally, but in Korea, he became 20 years old. Much sadness to older ARMY's everywhere, but in recognition of that magnificent day, I'd like to compile a list of my favorite maknaes in KPop boy groups that I've been cooing over ever since I got into KPop.

*Maknaes are the youngest member of a Korean group by age order.

1. Jungkook, maknae of BTS
As talented as he is and as much as his voice makes me melt, when he lets himself go, ARMYs wonder if he's still not 16. How is he so tall? Why are his laugh and his rabbit teeth so endearing? Why am I so old and untalented?



2. P.O, maknae of BlockB
Even though PO is older than me, he is still the baby of BlockB. You can't really call him shy, yet he gets embarrassed so easily. It's always so bizarre to watch and so hilarious. His fashion sense is always on point, though.


3. Dino, maknae of Seventeen
I have been debating about my bias in Seventeen for a long time now and you guys, I think it's been Dino. His eyes will be the death of me one day. His laugh is infectious. Seeing him dance live or on any important stage is my KPop dream. Stop. I can't. He's a literal child.


4. H.O, maknae of Madtown
Our little Madperson has a magically laugh and enviable guitar skills and charming deep voice. When he had his own broadcast playing the guitar outside and for his birthday, I promise you my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.


5. Nam Taehyun, maknae of Winner
He's soooo sweet. I adore how he goes from heartthrob to squishy ball of sunshine. I watched "Bandal Friends" not too long ago and I love how he made it his responsibility to take care of the youngest student while his members had their hands full with the older ones.



6. Suwoong, maknae of Boys Republic
I see him as the mouthpiece for Boys Republic, so he does important fanservice tasks. Suwoong posts updates for the fans the most, he is on V-app the most, he organizes his members the broadcasts. He might not be the leader, but he gets what the fans want.


7. Yibo, maknae of UNIQ
When Uniq was starting out, Yibo appeared kind of cold and distant. I think because he wanted to judged on his talent and not anything else. But as time went on and he become comfortable with his variety skills and his position in the group, his charisma and lovability grew tenfold. You wouldn't dare catch Yibo being cute on purpose before, now he does it freely.


8. Kangmin, maknae of ROMEO
I can imagine if Kangmin was the embodiment of all the love he receives from me, his fans, and the members, he would be a balloon. If we don't hold back, the boy will burst. Sorry, Kangmin who? There's nobody I've seen with a giggle like that before.


9. Xiao, maknae of UP10TION
Sometimes I still don't know if Xiao is a pain in the butt for his members or someone too cute to discipline. I love the cute wave he does with his long fingers, his lisp, his sense of humor, and that he dares to taunts his older members and same-age friend Hwanhee and runs away before he is punished.


10. Chani, maknae of Neoz Dance Team (soon to be known as SF9)
Chani was the new addition to the list and the one who gave me the idea for it. I fall deep for him very easily. I watched all of "d.o.b : Dance or Band", FNC's trainee debut competition show and their V-apps and Youtube "lessons". Thank you to the person who subbed. You are a gift. I also watched the short web-drama FNC produced featuring all of the Dance Team. Chani's role was really emotional for me. Heart eyes exploding, I decided then and there that I've just been loving maknaes a little too hard recently and should make a list. I can't wait for his team's debut and more shenanigans from these maknaes.




Hope you enjoy. I wonder if other KPop fans have a list of maknae they can't get enough of too.

I'll be back soon. See ya.

School starting too. Good luck to the people who've already started.



image credits: kookie, p.o, dino, h.o, taehyun, suwoong, yibo imgurgif, kangmin imgurgif, xiao, chani imgurgif

No comments: