Saturday, November 26, 2016

BTS Part 5: BTS "WINGS" Overview

I love artists that make me feel like I can love them irrevocably and vice versa. Like they care for me, understand me, get me even if they don’t know me personally. Even though the same words could apply to any of their other fans. I’m not special but they make me feel like I am because I listen to them and support them. Such great words that relate to my life and others like me feel like we see each other as humans going through the same things. This is what BTS has done for me this comeback.

I’ve learned a lot while listening to Bangtan’s music. I’ve been following them for over a year now. I didn’t how I had so much love in my heart to give to each member. Sure, I love Jimin, but I can fan-out over each of them in a very unhealthy way. And my love for them has grown exponentially since I become an A.R.M.Y. I’ve loved their music, their performances, their choreography, the concepts they work within, the stories they’ve developed. I love their rudeness, their cuteness, their laughter. You could try your best not fall deeper into them, but it really can’t be helped. They do that naturally. Of course, I want them to be happy forever. I know that is unrealistic, so what I really want is for the people around them and for the fans that love them to support them and always love them as they go through their lives. They are still human. They will still have their low days. It’s really insensitive to expect to hear good music out of them at that time.




AAA - ARMY, ARMY, ARMY!
The scale that they've achieved this year is amazing. They sold out stadiums. They’ve achieved KPop history by climbing on the US Billboard charts and staying on the iTunes #1 worldwide charts. They’ve won six music programs, Korean music culture awards, and their first ever Daesang at the MMAs. This proved that if Bangtan wants it, we must make it happen for them. They’ve gotten more attention from the industry this year and so many new fans all over the world. If I could give anybody the world, it would be BTS and they would still be so humble and modest about it.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DESERVE IT!
If I speak in capital letters, can they hear me?
So here, I just waited to say a word to each member of BTS for their hard work this year:
  • Namjoon, without you, Bangtan would not exist. Thank you for keeping the group grounded and balanced. Your lyrics and artistic vision inspire me to work harder, practicing my own craft.
  • Jin, don’t worry about your dancing too much. We are laughing with you, not at you. “Awake” is, I still believe, everyone’s favorite solo and I appreciate your hard work since your debut on your singing and dancing. I hope your personality shines through more and I can’t wait to see more work from you in the future.
  • Yoongi, I learned a lot about you this past year. Your sensitivity and your love for music really motivates me to love my craft and disregards negativity from people who don’t believe in my success. 
  • Hopie, I have come to appreciate you a lot. I see how well you take care for the others and how much you love the fans. I see how much you love performing and rapping. I am eagerly waiting for the bops that will be on your mixtape and the music videos that will follow. Take your time in perfecting them your liking. I’m very proud of you and I wish more people could see you more than just “cute Hobi”, but as a 3-Dimensional artist. And please if you can, bring "Hope On The Street" back. You have so many guests (Suga, V, Jin, and RM) waiting to be summoned. I even made up a slogan for you. "Who's got the HOTS for Hobi?" You like?

I hope y'all didn't dead yet. There's still more to read. #Who'sGotTheHOTSforHobi

  • Jimin, you have blossomed in a way I've never seen a person do before. Seriously. All of the hard work you have done has paid off. I hope that you continue to write more songs in the future and get better and better at everything you want to do. Your confidence and talent exuding on stage make me adore and respect you even more. 
  • Taehyung, I know this comeback has been very hard on you. Losing the person who raised and loved you so dearly before so she could see you work on TV again must have been heartbreaking. We all saw the clues that the members left on their social media. But you strived. You made good music, you gave a good performance, you made fans happy. I hope we made you feel happy and loved during this difficult time. You did a great job with the cards you were given. 
  • Jungkook, our golden maknae, you’ve grown so much and right before our eyes. I’ve loved watching you grow up and can’t wait to see you progress even more artistically. Continue to laugh that big gorgeous laugh of yours and take care of yourself and others.

Since this is a blog for learning about how the entertainment business works all over the world and figuring out what I like and dislike so that I can one day apply them for a Somali and Worldwide audience, BTS taught me a lot about the KPop industry. BigHit Ent. taught me a lot about how to take care of my future artists, like they try to take care of BTS. I also learned about what type of fans I would like to cultivate for my future artists. I have also figured out what types of talented kids I want to recruit to my own management company in the future and the kinds of expectations I want to set.

I will buy you. All of you... Oh, my back account.

As a conclusion of my thoughts for this comeback that took me so long to write, I love you BTS. You guys have helped me get through a lot this year. Through all of our pain, we've received more, but have also accomplished many fulfilling goals. I've learned that an A.R.M.Y needs money if they want to keep on supporting BTS, so I am saving mine so I can repay you for the memories of happiness and tears of joy you have given me this past year. Because I believe it's worth it. I'd like to think you all are helping me reach my potential by taking care of my musical needs while reaching your own. Isn't that a cool thought? I will continue to follow your works and progress. I will continue to compliment you and promote you. I'm sure you are anxious of what the future will bring, but we'll walk through it together. I can't wait for the next chapter of Bangtan's story. I hope to think that other A.R.M.Y (new or old) have felt the same way with every comeback.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

image credits: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10

[Update: I saw that some image wouldn't show so I fixed them. :) See: 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, ]

No comments: