Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Asma's 2K16 - Fave K-Music Stages and Performances

Ok, now onto something lighter...

S 

There were so many KPop/K-Music performances last year that had me wheezing for air. Stages that made me cry, shout, grab my chest, fangirl etc. There is not any criteria really. I just wanted to add a sentence to how much each performance made me feel. And links for you to check them out. Enjoy!

*2nd Note: This is only the opinion of one person; ME. So I apologize if my musical taste or mainstream preferences doesn’t match yours. Thank you for reading and maybe even agreeing.

These are my favorite K-Music comebacks, stages, and performances.




Favorite Comebacks of 2K16: 

1. Taemin (SHINee) "Drip Drop".

I felt like I should have begun watching Taemin a long time ago so that I could myself witness the metamorphosis he gave us.

2. HISTORY "Queen".

I was so taken aback by the saxophone and the subtle movements that I could not stop watching the music video to let the shock sink in.

3. Seventeen "Pretty U" aka (the one that made me cry).

I cried (I said this before) because they look so damn happy and grateful that they were on stage, performing for their adoring (me) fans.

4. BTS "Fire" "Save Me".

"Fire" is already so iconic among ARMYs, the public, (and BTS) that we have to dance and sing as soon as the beat hits and "Save Me" is a piece of art that must be sang from the highest mountain.

5. SISTAR "I Like That".

To describe this dance, I must use the words: fluid, lyrical, and bold in the softest way.

6. BTS "Blood, Sweat and Tears".

Pure and unadulterated allurement. I love them and the dance, the song, and the album.

7. Blackpink "Playing With Fire".

It's fun to watch them dance and even more fun to follow. Lisa's rap is one of the best raps I've heard from an girl group.

8. Madtown "Emptiness".

I lost my shit when Madtown came back. As a Madpi, I was so proud that they came back with a softer, deeper song that they worked on themselves and they learned that their fans would stuck with them whichever direction they went as long as they believe in their work. And again the album was PURPLE. How could I not?

9. ToppDogg "Rainy Day".

They lead with a mellow concept this time and I'm so happy that they're working and gaining a lot more attention now. Their album was really good, too.


Favorite "Hit the Stage" Performances - Season 1 - 2K16:

Even though I didn't watch “Hit the Stage” in its entirety, I just wanted to thank Production for showcasing some of the newcomers in K-Music and letting people remember why older idols were good in the first place.

1. NCT’s Ten "Devil's Match"

I knew Ten could dance, but damn, he went to a whole 'nother level with this performance.

2. BigStar’s Feeldog "Romantic + Fatal Attraction"

My buddy's got his shine on from this show and his skills were awakened after a long hiatus.

3. Infinite’s Hoya x Choi Hyojin  "Intense Melodrama"

I needed to wash my eyes after this performance. Wow! And if Hyojin (aka my fave dancer for 1Million dance team) doesn't receive more love and opportunities next years, I will flip a chair. Check her out on 1MILLION Dance Studio on YouTube.

4. Astro’s Rocky "Rocky, transformed to Jim Carrey from the Mask"

Anyone who does a Jim Carrey anything becomes a star in my world. P. A. R. T. Why? Because I gotta!

5. Got7’s Yugyeom's "Take control of gamblers!"

I thought many things about Yugyeom, like for example how he might be suppressed creatively while he's promoting with Got7. However, here he was out of that bubble and left everything on the stage. I became a Yugyeom fan overnight.

6. Got7’s Yugyeom's "I'll Hard Carry the Stage"

Literally in my head while I was watching this performance I was like, "I take it back. I'm not a Yugyeom stan anymore. This boy needs to sit down. Are you serious? Are we going there? He's really trying make me rearrange my bias list. And break the floor while he's doing that." I loved it. Thank you. Please do more

7. NCT’s Ten "Memories with Hit The Stage"

I love how he complyed all of his stages into one final performance, but seriously, I love his facial expressions and his fluidity more than anything.

8. Monsta X’s Shonwu's "Dream Stage"

Truthfully... I was a bit disappointed with Shownu during the beginning of "Hit the Stage" because when he danced, he did with a either lost, pained or sorrowful expression. During this performance, he smiled, he winked, he gave a stank face to the camera, he mouthed the words to the song. I lived. I was so proud of him. This pushed him to be on variety shows and be a force on Monsta X's new reality show.


Others Performances and Stages of 2K16:


This collab has all of my faves in it, they danced so well, and ever since it came out I have not been able to think about anything else. It was just too perfect.

2. Zico (Block B) "Bermuda Triangle" (ft. Crush, Dean) @ 2016 MAMA

Crush, Dean, and Zico are all friends in the music industry that I wish could debut as an official group, make an official album with 6 awesome tracks, and decide to tour worldwide. I know this will never happen and I will never get to see it but to know that it existed is cool. I hope they stay good friends and do well with their own separate careers.


Hopi and Jimin danced together for "Intro: Boy Meets Evil" and "Lie". The contrast in style yet the synchronicity made my jaw drop. It broke whatever high ceiling they set during their dance battle against Block B at 2014 MAMA’s. It was insane. I felt bad that I’ve never considered J-Hope before. Now I can’t take my eyes off of him. His sultry gaze, his twenty different extra moves, his illicit crotch grabs, his smirk, ugh… Also my Jiminnie. Just standing you there make me feel a type of way. V's eyes are so damn alluring and I see that you’ve learned from Master Hopi about incorporating his twenty extra moves. Baby Kookie becomes Man Jung Kook when he's performing this song. It is so frustrating and refreshing to see him grow up in real time. Namjoon, I love your rapping and your lips and your hard work. Can somebody Min Suga get out of here with that seductive ass black hair of his? He is the most gorgeous human being. Personally, I live for when the camera lingers after Jin’s part so that we can see him do his “pi ttum nuel” part. It's so gorgeous. That Jin and Tae moment. V, I saw that upward body roll, baby. That was beautiful. 

4. BTS "Fire" @ 2016 KBS Song Festival

Hopi, stop beckoning me to come over to your lane. I ALREADY DID! But I'm still thankful. Jimin, please don't break your neck, baby, when you twirl. It's thrilling to watch but it seems painful. Jin, I love your part and I get so hype for you to come on. Kookie, sit down please. I cannot look at you. Poor Suga was missing during most of the end of the year award and performances. Rap Mon, again, I love you. You did a great job looking fine and being a great leader.

5. Mamamoo "Decalcomanie" @ 2016 KBS Song Festival

Mamamoo are babes, but this performance had me clutching my chest for the whole performance because, my bias, Solar was doing the most I have even seen her do and I want it to continue. A KPop YouTuber said, “Solar being sexy is a concept I always need.” And I couldn’t agree more.

6. BTS "Rainism" + Kim Sung Jae's "As I Told You" Covers @ 2016 KBS Song Festival

So, Hopi, explain to me how I was supposed to be watching Jungkook who was in the center while you, the bias hunter, kept coming for me.

7. Jimin and Taemin collaboration - "Twomin" Showdown @ 2016 KBS Song Festival

Jimin’s "Lie" performance was one of the best thing I’ve seen last year. I cried at work because it is so beautiful. "He worked so hard and been through so much." AND to share a stage with one of KPop's most talented and celebrated dancers. AND to dance well next to him, I was so proud to be a fan of his. 

8. SF9 "K.O." @ Show Champion (full version)

The first dance team from FNC Ent. really throw these dances out of the ballpark and my boys always kill that windmill move like it's the easiest thing in the world. 


image credits: Bite me1, 2, 3


No comments: