Friday, February 3, 2017

The New Administration Blows - My Thoughts

Hi, everyone. I'm back with a quick thought. Thanks for waiting.

I just wanted a chance to explain the state I'm in right now:

So, my Baabo (father in Somali) is back home safe from Somaliland yesterday. He was jet-lagged, hungry, and obviously stopped by customs and profiled. But after an hour of questioning, he finally arrived back home. He was questioned by an agent, whom I understand was told to do something by the government they work for, but he still gave his name and number to the lawyers to be added to a lawsuit against the administration.


To the people who voted for that genetically modified carrot who I will mostly never call president, you got what you wanted. People  who are not your family scared, panicked, and made to feel unworthy to a decent life. I understand you wanted a shakeup of the system. Congratulations. But guess what, if you've read a book, you would have foreseen the wrath of education and its humanity. We will see how fast you will change when the boomerang swings and starts to affect you and your surroundings.

To the protesters: We don't have to be the next Malcolm X, Rosa Park, or MLK to protest. We just have to be present, aware, and know that we are consuming the right information. The constant presence and pressure of many bodies objecting to authoritarianism is the type of strong, loud voice lawyers, the court system, and politicians need to keep fighting to protect our rights.

To the lawyers, once again thank you. Thank you for standing up for Muslims, immigrants, refugees, and others during this difficult time. Many organizations I learned were already dealing with these issues before but as intense or such short nice. I wonder if law students are really gaining new experiences and learning about what not to do so they can help more people through the bullshit executive orders the 70-year-old mutant baby will poop out next.

To Daffy/Donald (whole ass immigrant) Drumpf, I don't have selective amnesia. I remember how I laughed at your baby carrot fingers, your orange face, your answers to simple questions, your bigoted comments. I bet you don't even know what bigot means. Look in a dictionary, it has your name next to it. This is big audience you've always wanted, yet nobody is watching and everybody is judging. Are you fulfilled yet?

To regular people like me who are focusing on not failing Org Chem, stress-eating, and not sleeping enough, you are protesting too. You are living in America like it's any other day. If people want to disrupt your lifestyle and deny your existence, know that they are living a fantasy. This idealized world they think they want. A man who comes home with their manicured green lawn to his housewife making dinner and two boys who run up to tell him that they made the football team. When we don't buy their products, boycott their facilities, and don't care that they stepped their L.Bean boot in dog shit, they will realize that our dollars keep them working and making money. They will realize and come running back. Take care of yourselves, as in stick to your routines, talk to friends, eat regularly, sleep on time and wake up on time. Keep resisting this presidency as something normal because they do not deserve our respect.

What I'm afraid is that the people who are protesting in the cold or the lawyers who are working for the law or the politicians who are standing up for their communities will get tired, discouraged, and therefore give up the fight for all of the important rights the American people are fighting for. Not just for us as Muslims, but everyone.


We as Muslims are in debt to these angels who are fighting for us and other's rights. I hope that when the administration's "Eye of Sauron" targets to other disenfranchised minorities directly with laws or threats against their safety that American Muslims show up tenfold to repay in gratitude to defend them, to fight for them to feed them.

I will continue to live and breathe and take note of the injustices I, my family, and others face so that when I'm ready, I will speak on them. I'm listening. I'm watching y'all.




P.S.

Anyway, the comedy these days have been amazing. Is that good or bad? 

P.S. 2 

Trevor Noah is hot.

P.S. 3

There are so many things I got wrong and so many arguments I didn't address, but at least I will admit that I am scared and furious about not knowing the future ahead. All of these statements could be used as arguments against me and I understand that, but these thoughts will not go away. Again, thank you for listening.

image credits: 1, 2, 3



No comments: