Monday, January 23, 2017

Asma's Daily Throw-up #16

Hi, everyone, I have a quick update.

So... the spring semester has started and it is already kicking me in the brain and feels. I am taking Microbiology and Organic Chemistry. Organic Chemistry is what made me to take a leave from university during 2016 spring semester. And I've been scared out of my mind. I failed, y'all. Like a gigantic red F. I basically spent the days of January coming up with ways how not to fail again.

I won't be writing as often as I want. When I have the urge to type something out, I will. But for the longform opinion pieces and lists, they require my full attention and I felt like I would be half-assing them more than usual.

Thank you for understanding. I hope you'll stay with me as I try to graduate college.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

P.S.

A little rant: A lot of people keep asking my Hooyo (Mom) why I'm still in college. I already feel inadequate, now they have to make my mother feel the same. She says that she replies that her daughter will be graduating without debt unlike your children. She's not as savage as that but it's basically the same. I only have a $1600 loan and I'm passing with good enough grades so not to look look like a complete idiot. And when I graduate, I'm definitely not using my degree besides getting money. It looks like I'm wasting my time and in a way I am. It makes me so frustrated. But I'm both working on growing and learning about myself and what I want for my future.

Phew... sorry.

Thanks again. I'll be back really soon.

No comments: