Friday, May 12, 2017

Songs I would like BTS's Vocal Line to Cover (pretty please)

I'm out of my frump. Classes are over. I barely passed my ridiculous finals. Now I have a week's time of doing nothing except recovering for this horrible semesters.

Anyways, voting for BTS for the Billboard awards continues and everyday I tried to come up with fun ways for tweet the #BTSBBMAs. (Also if you live in America, vote through the website linked here). I've done cute Jihope gifs, dark BTS quotes with beautiful fansite pictures and bright pink BTS quotes with gifs.


A couple days ago, I decided to compile a list of songs I wanted to share so that through some mind telepathy BTS's vocal line could hear me ask them to cover some songs for me. This came from Tae's his Philippine VLive when he asked Armys to ask Jimin to cover the song "I'm the one" by DJ Dummy and his band of weirdos + Chance the Rapper (he independent so he ok) because it was his favorite new song. I had the pleasure of watching the music video today and I legit had a stank face throughout the whole thing. Beaver's voice is good and I can hear Jimin sing the chorus. But I'd rather not have it.

I also just wanted to recommend some good music for you guys. 

So here are the songs I thought would be great if the Vocal Line covered them:

The Rules: 
- 5 songs each
- Take listen to the original song on any platform or watch its music video
- Imagine JungVMinJin sing it with a full production

Jungkook 

Honestly, I want Jungkook to rap more, but I chose songs that were rhythmic and delightful to hear: 
  • You Found Me by The Fray. 
  • Here by Alessia Cara. 
  • Dead Man Walking by The Script.
  • Wordplay by Jason Mraz. 
  • La la la by Disclosure, ft. Sam Smith.
Jeon Jungkook GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Taehyung

There are so many songs Tae could cover that would bless everyone. Something to emphasis the deepness of his voice. I chose: 
  • Somebody To Love by Queen. 
  • Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. 
  • SAIL by AWOLNATION. 
  • Valerie by Amy Winehouse, Prod. by Mark Ronson. 
  • Paralysis by Young the Giant. 

Jimin 

As my bias, I lost it at Jimin. Two days ago, I wanted Jimin to whisper anything remotely sensual into my ear. I wanted Christian ChimChim. Now that I've come back to my senses (not quite but I'm close), I'd like to apologize to Jimin. Babe, I picked some songs for you. Forgive me: 
  • Use Me by Miguel. 
  • Literally Anything by Justin Timberlake, but I wanted LoveStoned.
  • Girls or UGH! by The 1975, I can't choose.
  • Julia by SZA. 
  • Wicked Games by The Weeknd. 

Jin

Since Jin likes Rock now, I chose songs that would show more of his sweet voice. Selfishly, I wanted to hope he sang these songs while playing the guitar: 
  • The Only Exception by Paramore. 
  • Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. 
  • Stop and Stare by OneRepublic. 
  • Vanilla Twilight by Owl City. 
  • Chasing the Light by Mat Kearney. 

There were also some songs that I thought BTS, either as units or as a collective, could cover flawlessly: 


All of BTS to cover: 
  • Where Is The Love by The Black Eyes Peas
MinJoon - Namjoon as Timberland and Jimin as Timberlake: 
  • Carry Out by Timbaland and Justin Timberlake
TaeKook - V as Adam Levine and Jungkook as Christina Aguilera:
  • Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5, ft. Christina Aguilera


I hope you can take a listen to the songs I recommended. I hope you could tell me if you've ever listened to these songs, if they brought you back any memories, and if you could imagine the glory of BTS reviving these songs. 

I might come back really soon with another rant so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading. 


image credits: 12, 3, 4, 5, 6




No comments: