Sunday, August 7, 2016

A little pep talk.

Dear all Somali young man who are literally dying to come to America, here's a little pep talk.


Listen, Cousin. I know you want to come into America but I can not marry you for that to happen. What Hooyo said is true. I have no time for this. I have to finish college, work, and live my own life. Living in America is a dream that becomes a nightmare. Don't take it lightly. Personally, I think you will have a better life back in Somaliland if you start a small electronic business. You will create jobs and make Somaliland a better place. Please don't think of me as selfish. Do better in your own life and stop waiting for a handout. Work harder and smarter. Leaving Somaliland doesn't solve anything, but give you and the people around you stress. Try to work within the system Somaliland has created for you. I am working really hard to get my dreams recognized but as a girl, it is not easy. You have all of the luxuries of a young Somali man. People will follow you anywhere. Please study hard and realize your potential. Stop trying to escape from your problems and run toward them! What are you afraid of? Being wrong? Getting hurt? People have gotten much worse. Stand up with your back straight and face your identity.  Don't forget this message. Don't run to another girl with marriage scheme. Girls want to marry a stable, caring man, not a man who wants to use them. Enough. Go do something worth being married for.

No comments: