Monday, October 24, 2016

BTS Part 1: BTS's Comeback is going to save my entire semester

BTS's comeback has saved my entire semester.

I'm telling you right now this album WILL BE ON REPEAT forever.

Okay, so BTS's second album WINGS came out and ever since then I've been a complete total mess. During the first week, I barely ate. I stared blankly at the ceiling. I've cried before and after their release. I also hate feeling like my feelings are being judged, so here I'd like to exclusively tell you the tale of "The Day of the Comeback".

First of all, before I start rambling, I wanted to say "Happy Birthday" again to the ever-confusing but always beautiful, heart and soul Jimin on my blog. It already passed in Korea, but I am pretending like it's the 13th in America. Here goes: To my UB (ultimate bias), my absolute killer of feels and f’s. If a Somali man was anywhere close to as hot, sweet, angelic, manly, cute, sexy, talented, ambitious, hardworking, modest, squishy, just everything sweet and lovely and hopeful about the world, then marriage is for me.


"The Day of the Comeback"

The album came out on Sunday Oct 9th in the east at 11 am. I woke up at 9 am and waited, trying not to think about my imminent doom. My sister, now a hardcore Army because of me, kept bothering me.

"Asma, we’re trending!"

"Asma, we broke the V-app!"

"Asma, we are going to die."

At the time the MV came out, I was happily (distractedly) conversing with my mother and arguing with my brother. When I realized the seconds that passed, I hurriedly removed myself because I knew they wouldn’t understand my fangirling. And while I waited for the video to load into Super HD Full-Screen, my sister came through the hanging curtains, wide-eyed and shook. She watched it already! (I should have never made her an Army.) I yelled at her to go away. Usually I have enough patience to wait when a video is fully loaded for a proper viewing experience, but since my sister watched greatness before me and I was already anxious, I clicked it at about 1/8 of the way.

The whole thing was a blur. I couldn’t dance erratically. I couldn’t scream. I only flapped my sweater paws and tried not to faint and groan loudly. My brother was already judging me. Because of him, my mother wanted to know what was going on. In the end, I was sprawled out on the floor holding my head as if a dementor kissed me. I was almost in tears. My mind was so full of provocative thoughts. My heart was overflowing with emotions I couldn’t place. It was like the wind was literally punch out of me. All happening while my brother stared at me from the kitchen like I was stupid.

I quickly ran upstairs to our room and caught my sister watching the MV for the third time, squealing over Jungkook (her bias) to go away. We watched it together again on my MAC, dying again at our respective biases and the other members.


Since that fateful day, I’ve been living within a vacuum. I’ve stared blankly into the distance as I listened to the album without moving. That Monday was Columbus Day. I went to work, even though I wasn’t supposed to, maybe subconsciously just listen to the album alone loudly in my car. I’ve cried to all of the solos, especially "Begin", "First Love", "Reflection" and "2! 3!", BTS's official fan song for Army. I’ve sung fervently to "Lie", "Stigma", "Awake", and "Lost". I danced aggressively to the bangers ("Mama", "Am I Wrong", and "21st Century Girls", "Interlude: Wings") my effing heart out. I swayed sensually to "Intro: Boy Meets Evil" and "Blood, Sweat and Tears". I try to rap to "BTS Cypher 4", but who am I kidding?

This album is everything we wanted and more. I'm so proud of BTS and all that they have accomplished and for all the good things that will come.

No comments: