Sunday, October 30, 2016

BTS Part 2: About the Music video

Just from the beginning:

So BTS is in a museum, even though they are the art and artists. My two biases, Jimin and Suga, come out like it’s nothing. Suga smacks Jimin upside the head while on a bike. That already was like damn, we in it.

They’re all playing with their new pairs. Suga and Jimin is with each other now, J-Hope is standing with V, and Namjoon is with Kookie. J-hope looks at Jin with binoculars, who is all by himself, staring deeply at a painting.




Then we go into this lavish hall where the bias wrecker (Suga) puts his hand over the bias’s eyes (Jimin). You can feel something epic about to go down. The way they’re all looking at you. How the music is building up. And then all of a sudden, the bias starts the music video [UGH x 1000000] and they look up then down [so gif-able]. I literally rolled my eyes ALLL the way to the back of my head! If you go on my twitter right now, my username is Jimin’s Eyeshadow and his picture is there too. He killed me. As a Jimin fan, if you didn’t die thousand deaths from that one note and that one stare 30 secs before the MV even started, then you need to rethink your bias list. Then he keeps on singing, then he does that motor thing, and you just like damn this is serious.


AND then Kookie starts sings and smiling, and sir, you are 19 years old. Sit the hell down. Just because you are legally an adult in Korea does not mean you can become a grown ass man in 2.8 milliseconds.

AND then Suga starts rapping. And he has his gorgeous black hair, his pouty face, and cheeks.

AND then my buddy comes in, Rap Moni, looking fine as hell, touching his lips and raising his eyebrows at us with a deadly stare.

AND J-Hope! Another reactor thought the same thing as me, “On my god, look at his hip line, look at his body line”. AND then he snaps his hips! AND he’s wearing a low cut, with a scarf choker AND with that beautiful hair of his showing off his forehead [UGH!!!].

AND then V comes. And I was like SIR! Especially the live stages because they cut in this music video, his facial expression in this MV are so on point!!!

After that, I blacked out.


Theory (or as I interpret in the MV in context to previous MVs)

I came back alive.

In this fan theory I watched, the characters switched, so that the people they were in the HYYH series are now opposite them. The people they were connected to before are opposite them now. Suga’s on the bike, which means Kookie’s character in FIRE. If Kookie and Suga are together in the HYYH series, then Suga and Jimin are connected now. Jimin was connected with J-Hope, now J-Hope is tied to V. V was with Namjoon before, now Namjoon is with Kookie. And Jin has been alone as the protagonist of this story.

Later I realized, the whole music video is about temptation. So what is they tempted by? They are tempted by evil and the will to be good.

Simple references are the blindfold, drinking, smoking, idling, thinking sensual thoughts [like I was doing while watching Jimin]. Literally unavoidable.


Here is where things get harder:

*The story of Icarus – A boy who was tempted by evil. He was told for his own safety to not fly close to the sun or his wings will melt. He wanted to see how far high to the sun he could fly, but he fell into the sea. This could be related to V.

*The Bible references:
  • Last Supper 
  • The apple for Adam and Eve
  • Lucifer, aka the fallen angel, Satan
  • The Mother Mary statue
What I think:

When Hopi was in the HYYH series, he was depressed, he was talking drugs for his depression or his identified syndrome, he was in asylum. But this MV, he is the angel (Michael or Gabriel) and Tae is the devil (Lucifer). J-Hope kept standing in front of the Mother Mary statue and he held an arrow. I didn’t get it before. But as I listened and read comments, I realized. When he shot the arrow, who did he shoot at? It was Tae. That means that even though they were paired with that didn’t interacted with him a fun way j-hope was protecting the other from Tae’s influence. Tae’s character, no matter how hard his life was, still committed the worst sin, murder. J-hope, he committed the second worst sin, killing oneself.


I think the reason why Tae is portrayed as the devil is that he regretted his action so much that he couldn’t forgive himself. By not forgiving himself, he let the anger and regret of that moment consume him and he became evil. Remember when V was covered in a sheet very sexily, I think that meant he was swept by evil.

J-hope, I think, forgave himself, after he died. In the MAMA short film at the end, after relieving his anxiety and pain from another life he came out of his shelter, ate a Snicker bars, smiled and walked off. I think at the moment he forgave himself. That’s why he has been given the task of an angel who is trying to save the others from temptation.

Jin is the main character of the story. He is the one who is going through temptation in the story. Remember when Jin was at the “Last Supper Table” and he hears a sound. My guess is that was Demian’s whistle. When they were running out of the museum, Jin was holding back. They were in their new partner. J-hope was leading them out without V because V was already lost to him. As Jin was already staying back, V proceed to tempted Jin by covering his eyes. He was transported to another location where there stood a statue with black wings. The statue was androgynous and had the black wings of a fallen angel. The other scene shows a person kneeling with wing marks ripped out on his back and the sheet is being lifted up. Without understanding why but still feeling a strong urge, Jin kisses the statue. If Jin cracks as if he was a statue, what shell will he break out of? What other challenges of life will he have to overcome next?


Going forward, we all know the story grow as BTS grows but whatever they choose to do next, I love this story.

Comments
  • The first thing I thought about this video, I clearly heard myself passive-aggressively say “well he deserves to be hit for all the pain he makes me feel”. No lie, this is what I said in my head.
  • How could I describe how a 7-member group could get exponentially more beautiful than they were already? So shockingly beautiful. It’s believable, but it’s unbelievable.
  • Even the member that I didn’t think were handsome before. Like I adored them and I loved them as members of BTS, but I left them for other fans who biased them more, because they’re just not my type or anything. but seriously V, Jin, Namjoonie came for me so hard. I’ve already dived more into J-Hope anyway, but in this mv, the forehead came back, the sexiness was oozing out of the screen. My brain could not handle it anymore. How do J-Hope stans cope, seriously? As if men couldn’t get any more gorgeous. Who could say that now? Show them BTS!
  • Let’s talk about Jin though. That beautiful man who has never been more suited for the color pink than any person in life. Don’t lie when he was blond for FIRE in the back of your mind you were like “Hey, wouldn’t it be funny/awesome if Jin dyed his hair pink?” and he really did it. It’s so cute, a 24-year old man of 7 members who is innocently funny, loves to eat, and tell dad jokes and wear the color pink. I’m just so proud of him and he has his own solo song too [cries]. 


image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567

No comments: