Friday, March 11, 2016

Asma's Diary Throw-up #3

Hello, Hi, Hello,

These are my daily thoughts. Things I worry about, things I promise myself and other random stuff I think of. 
  • Next week, I am planning to taking two driving classes and later now taking my driving license. Pray for me that I don't pass out from fear. Thank you.
  • I also looking for a part-time online writing job. No luck yet. I want to write for more contests or scholarships, but time slips away from me sometimes.
  • One of the reasons I am staying on leave from school is because I want to be there for my sister [and brother, fine]. For example, my sister is having trouble with writing and spelling in her English class. I can help her and I do. What I don't like was when my Hooyo gets involved. Today, she started to take about how my sister would be dumb forever if she didn't know how to spell. That it was simple to fix your mistakes by yourself and how no one will be help fix them for you. That she still has time to become better. This all made her feel worthless and made her cry, feeling like she tried her best for nothing. It made me think about all of the "pep talks" Hooyo and Baabo gave me and how well I turned out; 1. not asking for help; 2. feeling like my best wasn't good enough; and 3. not even listening to advice because I thought I should figure it out myself. That is one of the ways how I become the person I am today. I know Hooyo and Baabo are trying their best with us, but sometimes I wish that instead of trying to fix our problems, they would just listen.
  • I am having trouble writing myself. The words don't flow out as well as they should. I'm straining my brain, looking for the perfect beginning, middle, and end. But it's not coming. *sigh*
  • As much I want to be there for my sister as her mentor and role model, I wish I had somebody to edit my work and answer dumb questions also. Maybe I'll do a list of qualities I am looking for in a mentor.

Thank you for reading. Have a good night, morning or afternoon.


No comments: