Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Asma's Daily Throw-up #6

First "Good" Driving Lesson

Today, I took my next step to improvement. I got my first lesson in a long time with a new driving school. I talked her about my previous experiences with bad instructors. How the first instructor basically told me on the first day, "Let's not die today" or "Let's not send anyone to heaven" and threw me on a highway. How the second told me "Don't be so nervous" in a gruff voice, which could only make a person more nervous. I came back home, not being taught a thing, shaken, and scared to ever drive again. My parents won't teach me. I pay for all of my lessons. sigh. Bad experiences galore. I am almost 22 years old without a license.

Understandably, during my lesson yesterday, I couldn't be proud of myself or allow myself to feel excited in any way. I was trying not to disappoint myself or anybody else. I ended up crushing myself for making mistakes and when I did something right, I would acknowledge it dryly. The instructor gave me the classic pep talk and she really was patient with me. I hope I don't f*** up.

By the way, I learned how to do a three-point turn, parallel parking, and the some other basic driving skills nobody bothered to stay and teach me.

Anyway, my goal is to get my license before the summer. I have to invest a lot of time and money to achieve this goal. I have tell that I want to drive for myself and not for anybody else.

To motivate myself, I made a list of the Pros and Cons for Getting My License:

Pros

  • More personal space to yell/sing my music
  • Independence
  • Confidence
  • The potential to go on the road trip across the US has increased by 0.5%
  • Driving to work
  • Going shopping for more stuff I don't need

Cons

  • Severe foot pain
  • Forgeting about road signs
  • Driving family around
  • The chances of getting pulled over has shot up to 95.5%
  • Driving in bad weather
  • HIGHWAYS!!!
  • Worring about insurance 
  • The potential accident I swerve to avoid
  • The potential accident I didn't mean to cause 


Pray for the world and thanks for reading.

No comments: