Monday, June 13, 2016

Dean is pretty?

I don’t know if you know guys have heard of DEAN yet, but if you haven’t, you’re missing out. Dean is a South Korean R&B singer who has over the last year has became so popular. His music is on Spotify, YouTube, and on features. Check him out.
link to his website: officialDEAN
I wanted to respond to a question I saw on Instagram a couple weeks ago: Do you think Dean would as well know as he is if he didn't have such a pretty face?

  

To answer this question, I had to think long and hard about what type of artists I want to listen to. But I knew I had to think about the type of artist I’d want to look at. I've just been thinking about the best way to word it so that people don't take offense. Then I remembered this is my blog and if people don't like my opinion they don't have to keep reading.

To be honest, the artists I love to listen to and I liked had to be pretty or handsome at least to me. I didn’t go to the outrageously gorgeous, disgustedly handsome, or whomever the public put on a pedestal of beauty. I had my own taste. I’m sure as I write more posts, you’ll find out. For now, I’ll give you some examples: Artists who are hugely popular like Taylor Swift and Drake have great music, Taylor more than Drake, but to me, I don’t understand why people find either of them attractive.

However, I am attracted to Dean, I'm attracted to his sound and voice. But he’s done so many things to leading up to his debut. I wikipedia-ed him and he’s helped write lyrics and music for so many artists we know, like MADTOWN, UNIQ, Lee Hi, WINNER, VIXX, EXO, Boys Republic, and Block B. The fact that he debuted in the US first and sang so confidently and so well in English really helped international fans find him and connect with him. Collaborating with Zico during his Korean debut helped him a lot too, because Zico was getting recognized for his solo work too. Dean delivered a type of mystery in his music videos that we haven’t seen in a long time that intrigued new fans too. We wondered, "Wow this guy sings so well but why isn't he showing his face tho? Isn’t he confident? Is he not ready yet for the world?” And the relief to find that he wasn't a troll made fans attach themselves even quicker.

 I found that his fan club is called "Rebels" after the James Dean movie Rebel without a Cause.
I guess I'm a Rebel.
After watching him being interviewed and making himself more available to the public, I found that he’s so cute and fluffy. He has such a beautiful smile and a cute laugh. When it comes to music he is genuine and his connections are off the charts. More and more people are starting to discover him everyday, but truthfully I wish we could keep him to ourselves.


All this is to say yes, I think Dean benefited from his looks, but not without succeeding at his craft first. If he didn’t make good music to begin with, there would not be a pretty face to show.

Therefore, I hope to see more of his cute face in the future. ;)

Thanks for reading.


image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

No comments: