Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Rush Hour - The TV series got canceled.

Let me talk about Rush Hour - The TV series. Rush Hour only had four episodes. Four episodes! On the fourth episode, I was really tired but I stayed up till 10 o’clock, because I wanted to give them views. But my worst fears came true. The next week, when I went back down again at 10 o’clock, Rush Hour was replaced by another unworthy show. All I can think about was how a comedian out of a steady job, a martial artist wasn't doing anymore drama-action scenes, a Hispanic woman was not to be front and center being smart and cool, another black man was not being able to pull off any lovable jokes, we would never get to see the chief boss lady's mysterious sub-story, and imagine all of special guest performances we won't receive.


I get it. Sure the dialogue was kind of redundant. Some jokes were misplaced. Race sensitivity is at all-time high. The script wasn’t at its full potential but that's what happens when a show first starts. But They were working together to make a multinational show. You have to let people learn from their previous mistakes. How are they going to learn if their show is canceled? It didn't have to be the Rush Hour you wanted. All it has to be was a show filled with diverse, complex people.

I don't want to see any more white, static faces. If people really took shows seriously then how come The Mentalist and Law and Order survived for this long? It was nothing special. They were equally as race insensitive. But they've still thrived under a majority system. We could've seen Rush Hour grow. We could have seen it progress. We could have solved a mystery. Nobody wanted to see two equally skilled fighters who are brother and sister beat each other to a pulp to figure out why one joined the dark side? People only want to see the gruesomeness of Jane's wife and child being killed via a mysterious serial killer.

Person of Interest has a stupid show now, even though it came back. Personally, the characters aren't what I want anymore. So deep down, I gave up on them.

Once Upon a Time Season Four is over now. We have to wait till October till it comes back. What I wish they would do is make a black character a main character. In every single season there has always been one or three black characters who have come to represent a Disney character who weren't normally black. When Merlin showed up last season, I flipped out. He was so gorgeous. But then he had to die because that's just how it goes. I'm so tired of this. I want a stable character.

The only drama I have to watch now with black people in it is Empire. And to me, is a low-grade soap opera, even though Taraji P. Henson left Person of Interest to get her glow up on that show. It's popular, it's gotten a lot of reviews, but to me it's all wasted talent.

Now I guess scripted dramas and TV in general are over from me. I can't and don't want to watch anything stupid. I can't even watch Steve Harvey show with the talented kids from all over the world, because it got canceled too. And to think this all started when Abby was killed off of Sleepy Hollow. What a sad turn of events American TV drama has become.

To show you how much we have been delusional in my house, my mother and I were skipping through channels and we came across the name of the TV show that look like "Ahmed and Dangerous" a show about a Muslim police department and their chief Ahmed, when it was really Armed and Dangerous. Sigh. It's all been too much.



No comments: