Friday, April 22, 2016

BEAST's Hyunseung Going Solo

So... I know KPop fans who have loved BEAST may be still reeling from the sudden news that Hyunseung would be leaving the group permanently and that BEAST would be continuing as a 5-person group. I know that to some people, as a recent K-music fan, I probably have no right adding this opinion...but when I first saw this online, I thought, "Good for him."

Before you throw your stones, think about it.

If you have seen Hyunseung's solos: "Ma First" and the Troublemaker duo with Hyuna, he is really good. He has a particular sexy hip-hop style that would be work only if he was solo. He's proven it. People love it. They want to see it.

Also, if you have watched BEAST's SHOWTIME, he always seemed like the odd man out. They loved him all the same, but it felt like they were dragging him along.

BEAST will be fine without him and Hyunseung will be fine without being in BEAST. When he makes new music this time, I'm sure BEAST fans, new and old, will listen and enjoy.

No comments: