Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Short Fan Letter to SRK

I watched Shah Rukh khan answer people's fan letters as promotion for his new film "FAN". Get it? Even though, I didn't know about this or probably wouldn't have had the time to send a letter to him to read. But as I was watching, I kind of got jealous... only because those fans had their letter read by the man himself. I just imagine that their bodies would have felt like the wind was knocked out them. Therefore, even though SRK probably will never read it, I wanted to write my first fan letter to him.

Here goes:

Dear Mr. Khan,

The year I was born was when you shot into super stardom. You were the first celebrity who left such a strong impression in my mind that as I grow up, moving from Pakistan to America, I still remembered you. I have seen almost every film you made and been in, memorizing the lyrics to the songs you performed, even the sad ones. I still laugh at the jokes like it's my first time watching. You are my favorite actor in the world. My sister appreciates you just as much as I do but sadly I have driven my brother to curse your name. Watching you go through your successes and failures in the entertainment industry has also taught me a lot about how to capture the audience's attention, story points and where to place humor, and most importantly, how to carry yourself in public. Thank you for making yourself an example for younger actors can look up to. I hope to meet you one day and give you something like a film I made or a novel I wrote. I wish you great success with your new movie "FAN" and with all of the projects you will produce in the future.

Love, your biggest Somali fan,

Asma. 

No comments: