Friday, April 8, 2016

Asma's Dairy Throw Up #7


For people who don't know, Asma's Dairy Throw Up is a post where I spit out all of the entertainment, media opinions, personal, etc, micro-thoughts I go through in a day or week. Ready? There was a lot of things that happened this week.

Here goes.

1. I listened to DAY6 (finally!!!) and they reminded me how much I missed rock bands. While I listened to both of their albums, I realized that my music selections recently have been really screwed. My main genre of music has always been rock and alternative, even though I've always loved rap, hip-hip, and r&b. But for the past two years I have been really into everything but rock. I'm not complaining. I've found some really awesome awesome artists that I still follow. It just made me think about rock in a sentimental, loving way again.
  
2. Beyoncé's protégés Chloe x Halle debuted Apr 5th under her production company with Tidal. I honestly felt like I was watching a new genre emerge. I can't wait to see and hear more.


3. One word. UP10TION. WHO IS HERE TO SLAY MY LIFE.  These pictures are like torture. Look at this ish. They are serving face, smiles, killer stares, open-tooth grins, everything that I can't fathom right now, because I just don't know what to do right now. Go watch their teaser. They are coming back and I am ready. *LOOK AT WEI!!! Seriously!!! His eyebrows are not real!!! GoD!!!

 
 
 
  
  

4. I watched UNIQ's performance video today. I'm glad they fixed Yibo repeating the n-word in the song. Sungjoo, please stop. They have been preparing so hard to show us something great. Ladies, this mess will only be 100X during their comeback. Again, I'm ready.


5. I have been getting strong feelings for MAMAMOO. Their voices are like if someone you were crushing on dripped honey on your ears. I don't have a fave/bias member yet, but I like each girl individually. They're cute, loud, funny, talented, gorgeous, and happy.


6. I saw in a YouTube comment under CNBLUE's music video that they thought the band was like Korean version of Maroon 5. The more I listen to CNBLUE, the more I start to think that might be true. Then I began to think about who else I could say reminded me of American singers. It hit me. Dean was the Korean Miguel. Bam. FYI, Dean is ruling repeat for me right now.
 

7. You know American Idol produced so many great people. I want to list the names of people who emerged for Idol whose debut I've loved one day. Listen. I watched American Idol Finale from one reason and one reason only. To check if the people of America would give La'Porsha her rightful title. But of course, America can't seem to see greatness even though it was screaming at them in the face. VOTE FOR LA'PORSHA!!! But even I who hasn't voted ever in the history of American Idol should not be allowed to complain. I can't wait for Mackenzie and La'Porsha's albums. I will wait and please my eardrums.
 

8. I love "Rush Hour" the TV show. I love them. I don't care what anybody says. Please let it stay on. Please love it. Writers, please write the show well. I'm not kidding. I will watch this show. Don't give me a reason not to.
9. I'm a little annoyed by music shows. They keep blocking my favorite scene in Boy's Republic choreography for "Get Down". #sigh. BTW, Minsu and Suwoong on 1teK's Let's Dance "Get Down" were so cute.

10. Block B just (literally just) released their teaser pictures for their next single "Toy" music video.

Good Night. Find me April 11th.


image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

No comments: