Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Songs/Groups I've gotten into recently #4

This is a segment where I talk about all of the music I've been listening too for the past month and recommend them to you. I've been listening to a lot of KPop and have been discovering some old and new music.

It may be long, but here goes.

LEE HI
A solo artist under YG Entertainment, I found that I really enjoyed her voice after listening to her sophomore album. She may be young but her voice seems as mature as an artist twice her age. "Breathe" make me cry still, thinking about the lyrics and "Hold my hand" is delivered so perfectly. When I'm in the mood, I want to listen to her debut album.
I love the cover art.
MAMAMOO
I love them. They sing like angels. They all are really talented in entertaining their fans. They are as mischievous as I want to be with girl friends. I hope they continue to impress more people with their vocal talents and antics.
 
DΞΔN
Finally, we got to see the mysterious Dean talk. He is so fluffy and squishy, but let him open his mouth with a sultry beat and let me see how conflicted you are. Maybe you're not as conflicted as I am. From his debut mini album, I love listening to "D (Half Moon)" and "21", because to me, those show his creative personality more.
 
Boys Republic
Their vocal talent expanded more than my expectations on this album in creating a richer R&B sound and dynamic beats. I appreciate all the hard work they showed. I've already stated how much the interaction between One Junn and Suwoong during the climax of the "Get Down "choreography gets me and that's it.
 
Is it getting hot all of a sudden? - gif by me using Imgur
CNBLUE
So I go into the band, CNBLUE, and already my bias list was ruined. Other than that, I can see why people called them the Korean Maroon 5 because Yonghwa has an Adan Levine in him. Just look at his eyes when he sings. Being under the same company as FTISLAND, right now I prefer them because I like their pop-alternative style. They did a good job with BLUEMING, their new mini album. It's hard to find an album where all of the songs can be listen to sequentially. I haven't listened to their 1st full album, besides "Cinderella", but when I get in the mood for it, I will.
 
DAY6
I just want to thank the universe to letting me immerse himself in this band. I have been repeating both of their mini albums all week. The songs I've loved the most are off the new album, "Blood" and "Hunt", two different concepts but with the same addictive quality about them.
 
Block B
Have people fully recognized the genius that is Zico yet? Not only did he raise awareness for his group members by doing his solo works but he lets himself take the backseat, displaying his groups' strengths once again while creating distinguishable music. Taeil, thank you for gifting us with your high notes. Also, I love how Park Kyung has been feeling himself more often lately but sir, take a seat. My heart can only take so much. I hear a lot in KPop communities how some things should be illegal, but now I get it. "Bingle Bingle" should absolutely be arrested. There is no reason why I should be dancing at 2 AM. Only Block B and Dean could do that. And lastly, an insight into a genius's work: the instrumental of the title track.
 
BTOB
I only got into "You're So Fly", so I'm not an expert fan yet. Again I have to be the right experimental mood to check out new music. All I've learned is that Sungjae should be the leader instead of the maknae. Ilhoon is cute but doesn't like to be associated with being cute. Changsub gets no love. Eunkwang tries too hard to be funny. Hyunsik has a B.E.U.tiful smile. That's it.

HISTORY
This is just another example of how ONE SONG!!! can change a group and my entire life. Just like how VIXX and UNIQ happened to me with "Chained Up" and "EOEO". Boy, have I been sleeping on them.But I am on the Historia train now. "Queen" is fire and so gorgeous, and I want to see a dance practice soon. Please enjoy this superb comeback.

NCT U
SM Entertainment is doing revolutionary things that I don't understand yet, but I appreciate the material they are presenting me and they are getting that money. I didn't think SM would release a performance video for "Open Your Eyes" but thankfully they did. The dance was amazing. It made me want to dance along. AND... I have chosen my bias but I also have to say these are children. They are only getting younger. *sighs*. I have my eye on Doyoung and Taeyong. I can't wait to see more of them and their other units on their new debut reality show.


Bonus: I know this may be an unpopular suggestion, but I love the new song "Team" from Iggy Azalea and especially the dance performance video. Check it out.


image credits: 11a, 22a33a, 4, 55a, 66a, 77a

No comments: