Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Not what I wanted.

It's already happening. What I didn't want to happen but would have been enviable. 

I have seen Somali girls love Asian (mostly Korean) male celebrities so much that Somali boys have condemned Korean entertainment. No!!! They were going to be your role models!!! At least that was what I was hoping for that. Later on in life, after I finish college and learn a little bit more, I wanted start a little something (like an entertainment company). I thought I would have to Asian, Bollywood, and Western actors, singer, and comedians as business and career examples. If a Somali boy or man hears from other men that Koreans are stupid and that Somali women like them better, although that may be true, we can't have them condemn it and write it off. We have to work toward that goal so that people can like us too if we change our image, but reshape our original values as Somali people. I hope Somali men don't become so reckless in comparing themselves to Korean celebrities.

Please, wait for me. It might be a lofty dream but I want there to worldwide recognizable Somali faces with actual marketable talent and I want to do it right - in a way that is modern, Islamic and traditional. If we want to make this happen, we have to do it right.

In the meanwhile, I (aka we) have to learn more about show business, the music and entertainment industry, and publishing. 

No comments: