Monday, February 8, 2016

Confession: Why I'm a bad fan.

I like a lot of things. A variety of things: people, books, art, music, film, and TV worldwide. 

So many things that if I were to support all of them, I would do bankrupt and have no money left for food or water.

I like to talk about my favorite things, too but sometimes I feel guilty because I have no reason to judge the artists whose albums I don't buy, movies I don't watch, and TV I can't not support live. I can't see them in concert or go to the theater on opening day.

Instead, I download music and save pictures. I have a Pinterest devoted to the many things I like. I use YouTube, Spotify, and the local library to find new movies, music, and books. I follow my favorite artists, organizations, and companies on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms to keep up with them and to see the new work they put out. 

Because of my background, I can be very unpredictable when it comes buying the things I like. Somalis don't do anything unless it's free or if they are directly faced with an opportunity. If I am lucky enough to have money to buy movies, music, books, and art, I do. Especially if I'm at the used bookstore, Walmart's discount bins, whenever I get an iTunes gift card, I have to buy the best of whatever is there.

I have a lot of thoughts. However, I just have no space to share the subjects I present. So please know this. My inexperienced thoughts are not to be taken seriously because I'm not a real fan. I'm just a person who likes a lot of things and has a lot of thoughts. I give love to them telepathically. I also learn from them for what to do or not to do if I ever wanted to start a company of my own. 

I hope to become a real fan one day when I earn enough money.

No comments: