Friday, February 26, 2016

Dear Whisky Tango Foxtrot,

I see you. I see what you're doing and even if I was already disappointed with Hollywood, this was over top. There is nothing I can say of this movie because it has already been made. Except that I dislike everything that it stands for. Like almost every live-action Hollywood makes nowadays.

The synopsis I found for Whisky Tango Foxtrot is that a journalist named Kim Barker (Tina Fey) recounts her wartime coverage in Afghanistan and Pakistan who also develops a crazy relationship with a fellow journalist from Scotland (Martin Freeman).

Problems I have:

1. whiskey-tango-foxtrot = "what the f***". It spells wtf out in military alphabet. Let's not talk about politics yet on this blog.
2. The stupid joke about the first female Afghan driver and how her comic flub would set back all women.
3. I was disappointed in myself for even watching the trailer so that I could come up with things to write that I have give them another view to their already 3 million.

If you want to make political movie funny, it has to be serious while having funny moments. This is too obvious, stupid, and unimaginative. Trying to sugarcoat the war with how much you care about comedy, more than you care about telling a good story.

BTW: I feel bad for Martin Freeman.

No comments: