Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Vevo Music Binge.

While going through writer's block, I decided to run by the music videos I haven't seen yet. I tweeted my short thoughts on them. I thought I should explain myself more here.

Follow me on Twitter (he he) at @qualityw_ilmo.

First, I watched Leon Bridges "River". Wow! His right-hand lady Brittini Jessie with her angelic voice started us off. She is gorgeous. I wish they could be a duo forever, but honestly I really want her to make her own album. The music video was pack to the brim with metaphors and hidden themes that were made really obvious. The cinematography was beautiful and the song, ugh! I can't.

Second, I saw Kendrick Lamar's "God is Gangsta". The first part of the video was the song was "u". It seemed like he was a man who was a devil who hated himself. Very intense. The second half of the video was the song "For Sale?- Interlude". I got frustrated because the words disappeared so fast. I should have minded the naked women, but even he didn't mind. The video had a French film style to it, with the feeling that he was in hell.

Next, I watched Lion Babe's "Where Do We Go". Well... I love the song. I was kind of taken aback a little because I saw the teaser on their Instagram and I was worried. Even though they were acting, their work relationship might a little weird now. They're not Karmin. Those two were engaged were during their promotions. Anyway, I find Lion Babe a cute couple. If they were going to make it offical, I would have not complaints.

Then, I watched J.Cole "Love Yourz". I love the staging that was a recreation of the rooftop of his house, like on the album. The behind the scenes videos with his friends and his colleagues were reallu cute. I love that all fans were screaming from him. I wish I would go to one of his concerts.

[I took a break and saw a cute picture of the new Disney animated film "Zootopia". I can't wait!!! I laughed really hard at all of the hidden messages in the poster.]

I made a 360 and begin watching a remake of "Kung Fu Fighting" by The Vamps. The frontman is really cute and has a really cool voice. Then I starting watching their other videos and I really like their music and their looks. I think I fell in love with them. Why? Because of a couple songs and my instant curiosity. I'm that easy.

After that, I watched Years&Years because I haven't heard from them in a while. "Eyes Shut". My thoughts: So Olly, you're just going to walk away and leave me with that song. How dare you?

I did their song "Shine", which had 4 versions. An original version and three visual treats.
In the original, Olly's voice was as amazing as ever! Also, was there an alien invasion during the music? It reminded me of  "Sail" by AWOLnation. The "Shine" choose dark. version was where he debuted his blond hair. I guess the theme was that in a dark background, they chose light.
"Shine" choose light. version. I had more questions. The setting was very beautiful, by the way and Olly looked like an angel. 1. What does the prism that gives me a mind wipe mean? And 2. what was the high five? The "Shine" choose shadow. version's set is awesome. Wow! The clothes, too. Suddenly, the prism has become a cube! The concepts, light, dark and shadow were the same as if you were to say white, black and gray. It was better way of saying it. The atmosphere were really cool. What a masterpiece! Good job, seriously.

I like that music and art have come to the forefront recently and become more cinematic. It's more to enjoy and more to aspire to. Thank you all of the artists I watched for a good time.


No comments: