Friday, January 29, 2016

My Thoughts on B.A.P Himchan's V-app.

I always wondered what's going on in celebrities' heads. How can they so focused while begging themselves not to make another mistake?

I was starting thinking about this again after Himchan's swear word accident during the V-app, the same that Daehyun made with Youngjae and Jongup during their reality show tour. And when I start thinking about something, I have to come to a conclusion so I can sleep better at night.

So...I went back to the B.A.P's V app that I caught late, because if you wait a day or three, the app usually translates their words as subtitles. Daehyun's bias wrecker face welcomed us, explaining that they were at their jacket album photo-shoot. He teased us like he always does by not showing the member's new hairstyles in exchange for hearts. Himchan is one of my many biases in B.A.P. He already showed his blond hair on the Idol Olympics, so he allowed himself to be filmed first after Yongguk. Himchan was reading the comments, but he accidentally stumbled on a bad word and read it aloud. I've noticed that Himchan, like many other people who have a tendency to want to be the center of attention, they admit their mistake to everyone and profusely and thoroughly apologize. He firmly said to his fans not to say such words like that in the comments. But I just felt bad for him because I know how much he loves his fans and "I said something bad in front of the people I love". It was a true mistake and I forgive him as a fan. He's my cute awkward diva.

I only wish he would have handled it like Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup: realized their mistake, looked at each other abruptly and announce the cancellation of the show. then find the person who sent to rude comment and scolded them live. Himchan and Daehyun did that too but instead of moving on, Himchan kept beating himself over it.

I hope there won't be a next time, but if there is, I hope they make the fans feel very bad (like not reading the comments because certain fans are writing bad words), and if the fans care that much, they'll stop.

I don't know any Korean bad words, I know that there are words through FTISLAND's reality show, Coming Out. Himchan is one of those people in a group that is always in some kind of trouble because their mouths are so free (like Rap monster, Minhyuk, Zico).

There are bad words in Somali I don't even know. My parents censored them from me. However, like me, most Somali people like to say the first English bad word that's on their mind. I have accidentally sworn in front of my family, thinking I was having in a normal conversation to the friend in my head.

For the people who will eventually join my imaginary "company", I want them to feel free but keep it cute of the young fans I want us to cultivate. I want to be free enough to say things when time is appropriate, but I don't want to create a place that it strewn with bad words and gross thoughts like SourceFed or as PC as today's Saturday morning programs. I want it to be comfortable but restrained.

I hope that Himchan forgives himself quickly and comes back strong.


No comments: