Sunday, January 31, 2016

Skool Blog Diary 4

Is it weird to fall asleep during a lab class?

Is it OK to hate your major so much that you wish you could drop out?

It's only been a week and I can't wait any longer. I was sincerely thinking what would happen if I took off this semester and really focused on my writing, then come back on the fall.

I thought about some pros and cons to taking a leave of absence.

PROS
  1. I could focus on getting different work opportunities and building my profile, which I haven't yet. Using this blog, I'll try to publish my writing on different platforms.
  2. I could work more. Get them extra hours when I need them. I really want to buy a DSLR camera and Wacom tablet to start my creative plan. I could save the money I make it instead of using it everyday on hot chocolate and donuts.  I also have to pay for my classes myself with the help of financial aid, so I can save up for those.
  3. I commute, so I couldn't enjoy good healthy meals from home. I somehow made it a habit to order a medium sized hot chocolate with whipped cream and a jelly donut everyday. I would be rather in a sugar coma all day suppressing my unhappiness than making something nice from home  can enjoy free homemade meals at home. Now I promised myself to really reduce the amount of sugar, diary, and bread I ingest.
  4. I could devote some time to working out and getting back in shape. My self-confidence has gone down mainly due to my lack of satisfaction with my body. I really have to create a work-out schedule that I can stick with.
  5. I love to sleep in and I love to sleep late. I can stay up and catch up on sleep, because I know that during the semester, especially if I have 8:00 am classes, I can't sleep the way I have to in order to survive in college.
  6. I could FINALLY take the road test for my drivers licence and quit taking the stupid bus. 
  7. Since I make more time, I can do the salat more.
CONS
  1. I'm a little nervous that one semester will be lost. I'm afraid I'll never be able to graduate if I keep going like this. It'll be some extra time to wait and work hard. Really, I'm not a hard working person if I don't like what I'm doing. I don't put the effort into things I know I should to succeed in because ultimately I set myself up to fail.
  2. I might not even do any of the things I plan to. I can be a very unmotivated person. I found I  have to trick myself to make a change and so suddenly it becomes a habit. If I skip or miss one day, I go back to being the same.
I've done pretty well so far, but I want to do better.

Stay tuned for Skool Blog Diary 4: Shocking or not so shocking news.

No comments: